NYC Schools Account Overview
NYC Schools Account (NYCSA) is a web-based application that lets you to see your child’s academic and biographic information on any computer, phone, or tablet. The application is translated into nine languages other than English. Not only can you track your student’s academic process, but you can also view other academic resources to support your student and family.
Track your student’s information such as:
• Grades & Report Cards
• Assessments (test scores)
• Emergency Contact Information
• Transportation • Individualized Education Program (IEP)
• Digital forms, including the COVID-19 Testing Consent Form
Parent University offers a centralized catalog of courses, live events, and activities to help connect with families and support students.
Bullying Reporting Portal
Report bullying incidents to your student’s school through the NYCSA application.
How do I create an NYC Schools Account?
There are three ways you can create a NYCSA account. You can either visit your child’s school in-person to receive a temporary password, contact your school and verify your identity via teleconference and receive a temporary password, or you can use the Account Creation Code on the letter sent home with your child.
In Person or Online
1. Set up an appointment with your child’s school.
2. Provide a valid photo ID (for example, your passport, your drivers’ license, IDNYC), your email address, and your child’s 9-digit student ID number, which can be found on his or her report card. If via teleconference, the school will verify the identity of the parent/guardian or eligible student by voice or sight.
3. When you create the account at your school or by teleconference, you’ll receive a receipt with your temporary password printed on it either in-person or by email.
4. Go to https://schoolsaccount.nyc and enter your email address and temporary password. Please note that the temporary password expires in 30 days. You will be asked to create a new password for your account, set up your security questions, and confirm your email address.
You will need the Account Creation Code that was sent home with your child in a letter. You can also request a letter from your child’s school. You will need this code and the child’s 9-digit student ID number to create an NYC Schools Account or to add additional children to an existing account.
1. Visit https://schoolsaccount.nyc and select the “Create Account” link found on the login page. |2
2. Enter your name, email address, and cell phone number to begin receiving notifications. You can create a basic account without an account creation code, but to link your student to the account, you will need the code.
3. Select “Validate Email” after you have entered your contact information. Keep this page open.
4. Open your email to get the validation number. Enter the number into the “Validate Email” page.
5. Proceed to create your password.
6. Proceed to create your account security questions.
7. Enter the unique Account Creation Code, which is specific to you and your student.
What Information Will I Have Access To?
Each adult associated with your child's record is assigned the role of either a Custodial, Non-custodial, or Additional user. These roles determine how much of your child’s information they can see in MyStudent. All user roles have access to Parent University and the Bullying Portal.
• As a Custodial user, you can see all information available in your child’s NYC Schools Account. Also, you can invite other adults to view your child's information. In addition, custodial users can update the emergency contact information of adults on the student’s record in the application to be contacted directly about emergencies.
• As a Non-custodial user, you can see most information in your child’s NYC Schools Account. Noncustodial users can also update their cell phone numbers in the application in cases of emergencies.
• As an Additional user, you can see information the child’s custodial parent shares with you. Where can I find help on NYC Schools Account? If you need assistance or have questions about navigating your account, contact your child’s school or call 311. You can also learn more by visiting the NYC Schools Account webpage at https://www.schools.nyc.gov/nycsa.
How do I update my child’s emergency contact information?
If you are a parent who lives with your child, or a custodial guardian, you can update your own home, cell, and work phone numbers and email address of yourself or other additional adults on your child’s record in your NYC Schools Account, using the Emergency Contact page. You also have the option to update your preferred written or spoken language. You can also update your child’s health information to share with your child’s school. This includes your child’s physician name and phone number, any known diagnoses, allergies, limitations that may limit physical activity, and health insurance status. If you need to update your home address, update siblings on your child’s record, or update order of protection information, you must contact your school directly to make the change(s).
How do I find more information about the Bullying Portal? If you need assistance with using the Bullying Portal or additional resources to help stop discrimination, visit the Respect for All: Fostering Anti-Bullying Practices webpage: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-life/schoolenvironment/respect-for-all.